Tank or Bulky
|Increased health and lowered speed.|
|Hard Hitter||Increased knockback.||
• The Dracolyte's Avatar of Flame transformation grants them 200 Stability, reducing the effect of this Boss Modification.
|Speedy||Increased movement speed.||
The Ice Sage's passive slowing effect from Coldhearted nullifies this, reducing the boss to normal speed.
|Ignite!||Places a burning damage over time effect on attackers.||
• Damage is dealt as a percentage of health.
|Teleport||Periodically teleports directly in front of the attacker.
An alternate but visually identical version exists that teleports a player in front of the boss instead.
• Being airborne, such as with wings or the Gunslinger's Blast Jump passive, will cause the boss to fall down below the player.
|Toxic||Occasionally creates a damaging AoE upon attack (aesthetically similar to the Dark Mushroom Men's attack.)||
When fighting one, keep moving around the target to bypass the field of toxic fumes.
|Bees!||Occasionally spawns additional bee monsters.||
• The spawned bees have low health and are easy to destroy with area of effect abilities
|Mirror||A slightly smaller clone of the boss spawns, with less health and damage.||
• Clones have less health and damage than the original.
|Gravity Well||Enables a high gravity force within the area, making players unable to jump high.||
• This effect also reduces the player's Jump to 1, making escaping by jumping nearly impossible.
|Vortex||A vortex occasionally appears below the boss, drawing players inward.||
• A player may be able to escape the vortex by using a mount and running or jumping away.
|Nova||Releases green orbs in a spread that deal damage to players.||
• The orbs move slowly and are easy to avoid, either by moving in between the spread or simply dodging.
|Meteor||Summons a meteor nearby the boss every few seconds.||
Meteors can damage and destroy terrain, especially glass blocks. Holes may make terrain difficult to navigate.
|Spiders!||Summons three small spider allies that cause a slow effect when attacking players.||
• The slow effect from the spiders lasts about 3 seconds.
|Mushroom Master||Spawns three mushrooms in the area. After 5 seconds, the mushrooms will turn into Mushroom Men.||
• Mushrooms are much more fragile than the Mushroom Men they spawn and can be destroyed easily.
|150px||Thorns||Damages players heavily if they attack it while the effect is active.||
• Every few seconds Thorns will activate, and any player attacking during this time period will take damage.
|Laser||Occasionally shoots a long laser beam.||
• Laser appears to replace the wind-up punch that some bosses use (such as Fungal Kings or Cactote Warlords), and the boss will play that animation before using Laser.
|Turret||Occasionally spawns a Turret NPC to attack the player.||
• There are two types of turrets: a cannon-like turret that fires a fast-moving red projectile, and another dragon-faced turret that "breathes" purple flames.
|Healing Totem||Spawns a Totem that periodically pulses, healing enemies nearby.||
• The totem can be destroyed before the first pulse occurs, thus preventing the totem from having any effect.
|Ice Comet||Rains comets from the sky that freeze blocks they hit||
• The Ice Sage's Coldhearted passive prevents slipping on ice, avoiding the effects of this boss modification entirely.
|Shadow Shrike||Occasionally spawns 5 Shadow shrikes||
• Shrikes have little health and are easily destroyed.
|Shadow Chicken||Occasionally spawns 5 Shadow Chickens||
• Chickens have little health and are easily destroyed.
|Shadow Knight||Occasionally spawns a ranged shadow ally||
• Identical to ranged Fae Sorceror-type enemies, other than the difference in appearance.
|Saw Blade||Summon saw blades that take damage if touch.||Saw Blade also have little health and easily destroyed, but harder than other minions|
|Spiked Wheel||Occasionally spawns a spinning wheel that floats in place, damaging players nearby||
• Wheels have no health, but instead take a specific number of hits to destroy, depending on the difficulty level.
|Spikes||Spawns spikes in a rounded area near the bosses feet||
Spikes are identical to those found in normal dungeons.
|Tiny Bosses||Spawns 2 - 5 tiny versions of the boss itself||
• The smaller copies have little health and are easily destroyed.
|Self-Healing||Boss will heal self every so often for about half their max HP||Destroy the boss quickly with rapid or highly-damaging attacks to prevent it from healing itself.|
|Frozen Touch||Places a frost buff on attackers. Players affected by the buff will have their attack speed and movement speed cut in half.|
- Patch - 7/13/15: Two new boss modifications; spikes and spinning top.
- Patch - 05/19/15: Extra Boss modifications including Cloning, Gravity Well, Vortex, Nova, Meteor, Spiders!, Mushroom Master, Thorns, and Lasers.
- Patch - 5/27/15: Turret modification added.
- Patch - 5/28/15 (Hotfix): Nerfed Turret modification since players were either one-hit KOed or killed in two hits.