The rarities in order are:
- Common (Colourless)
- Uncommon (Green)
- Rare (Blue)
- Epic (Purple)
- Legendary (Gold/Orange)
- Relic (Red)
- Resplendent (Rainbow)
- Shadow (Black)
- Radiant (White)
- Stellar (Yellow)
- Crystal (Aqua)
Each tiered rarity is better than the last, with Crystal being the best possible gear. Each item will have a colored border around their icons world drops that indicates their rarity.
Normal Gear (PvE Gear)
|Novice Worlds||Adept Worlds||Elite Worlds||Master Worlds||Uber Worlds||Geode Topside||Required Level|
Whenever equipment drops, there is a chance for Magic Find to trigger, increasing the rarity of the dropped item by one-tier. This can occur in any world and can occur multiple times on a single item, making it possible to very rarely obtain Stellar gear from killing monsters. The chance of Magic Find triggering is increased alongside your Magic Find stat. Magic find will not increase the tier of crystal gear or drop more commonly.
Instead of obtaining higher rarity gear through world drops, rarity can be increased through Forging gear at the Forge. Only Shadow and Radiant gear can be upgraded to a new rarity. Forging any other gear rarity (common, rare, stellar crystal, etc.) will result in a star. This increases the power rank and stats of the piece of gear.
Once a piece of gear has five stars, the next upgrade will be more expensive, typically requiring a special resource. This will upgrade the gear to the next rarity.
- Forging to Shadow Level 2 gear requires no special resource, only a larger amount of Flux and Eyes of Q'bthulhu.
- Forging to Shadow Level 3 gear requires 8 Twice-Forged Shadow Souls, which are obtained from Loot Collecting other Shadow Level 2 gear.
- Forging to Shadow Level 4 gear requires 6 Thrice-Forged Shadow Souls, which are obtained from Loot Collecting other Shadow Level 3 gear.
- Forging to Shadow Level 5 gear requires 4 Quad-Forged Shadow Souls, which are obtained from Loot Collecting other Shadow Level 4 gear.
- Forging to Radiant gear requires 2 Penta-Forged Shadow Souls, which are obtained from Loot Collecting other Shadow Level 5 gear, as well as 1 Purifying Dragon Flames, which are crafted at the Dragon Crucible
- Forging to Stellar gear requires 4 Forged Radiant Souls, which are obtained from Loot Collecting other Radiant gear.
Modifying Stellar Gear in any way will make it untradeable. Stellar gear directly upgraded from Radiant gear will also be untradeable; only unmodified Stellar gear dropped from the world is tradeable.
Unlike Stellar Gear (before modifications) and rarities below it, Crystal Gear is untradeable and can not be upgraded from one level to another. Crystal Level 1 can not be upgraded to Crystal Level 2 and so on.
Crystal gear is special in the case that it has a 5th stat, Light. It can also be upgraded by 1 star through the use of Nitro-Glitterine, Forge Fragments and Crystalline Cores where each star and level requires more ingredients. There are four levels of crystal gear. Crystal Level 1, Crystal Level 2, Crystal Level 3 and Crystal Level 4.
The different Levels of Crystal gear is limited to specific difficulties.
- Crystal Level 1: Geode Topside (Uber-8) and up.
- Crystal Level 2: Geode Topside (Uber-9) and up.
- Crystal Level 3: Geode Topside (Uber-10).
Crystal gear can also drop within Delves. Again this is bound to the Uber-level.
Crystal Level 4 gear can only be found within Delves of Uber-10 difficulty (usually at depth 116+).
Rings do not use the standard rarity sequence, lacking the Common rarity and having Radiant Levels 1-5 and Stellar Levels 1-5 rather than a single Radiant and Stellar rarity. Their rarity also cannot be increased through forging, and the tier of ring cannot be affected by Magic Find.
- Stone boxes always drop Uncommon rings.
- Shard boxes always drop Rare rings.
- Band boxes always drop Epic rings.
- Ring boxes always drop Legendary rings.
- Loop boxes usually drop Relic rings, with an uncommon chance of Resplendant and a rare chance of Shadow Level 1.
- Signet boxes usually drop Resplendant rings, with a rare chance of Shadow and progressively decreasing chances of Shadow Levels 2, 3 and 4.
- Spiral boxes usually drop Shadow rings, with a rare chance of Shadow 2 and progressively decreasing chances of Shadow Levels 3, 4, 5 and Radiant Level 1.
- Seal boxes usually drop Radiant rings, with a rare chance of Radiant 2 and progressively decreasing chances of Radiant Levels 3, 4, 5 and Stellar Level 1.
- Solitaire boxes always drop Stellar rings, with a rare chance of Stellar 2 and progressively decreasing chances of Stellar Levels 3, 4 and 5.
Banner rarity functions similarly to regular equipment, with higher rarities having higher stats. Rarity does not affect the powerups that can be gained from a banner; this is determined separately.
Higher rarities of banners have a lower chance of being dropped .
Banner rarities have different names from other gear, and has only 5 tiers (comparing to the 14 of PvE gear), but otherwise the colors correspond to PvE gear.
|PvP Gear||PvE Gear|
The higher quality determines the stat pool they can pick from; bonuses are not tied to names.
Chaos Forging is basically a stat randomizer. In that Forge, you can use any rarity of hat, face and weapon. When you use this specific forge, it changes 1 stat of that item to something different once you press the button.
The items that are required to randomize a stat are: